A118C/B40C Mini Dashcam
A118C/B40C Mini Dashcam
A quick search online will bring up a bunch of highly affordable and downright cheap dash cams for you. Most of them are manufactured in a haphazard manner, have various shortcomings, and suffer from a poor shelf life. However, there are few that wing it straight out of the park and deliver excellent bang for the buck. The A118C (a.k.a. B40C) is one of those lucky few.
With a well-engineered body that conceals itself seamlessly in the car’s interior like a native accessory, the A118C looks like it was a part of your car all along! Rather than dangling down from a suction cup, the A118C tucks up nicely against the glass, looking quite similar to modern OEM factory-supplied vision/safety systems. The A118C brings a new level of discreet!
Equipped with a 3 megapixel super-wide lens, the A118C is able to capture 170 degree panoramic videos. The lens can actually swivel up and down, allowing you to adjust it to fit your specific windshield angle perfectly! The A118C is capable of recording high definition 1080p videos at 30 frames per second as well as in 720p at 60 frames per second! The ability to switch on/off the HDR mode and tinker with the EV (Exposure Value) allows a user to tweak the recording to their liking. The camera’s WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technologyimproves the video quality under high-contrast lighting conditions, meaning, the shadows in the video aren’t too dark and the lighted areas aren’t too bright.
The A118C’s 1.5" LCD screen (placed at the back of the dashcam and angled nicely towards the occupants of the vehicle) relays crisp and bright footage whenever desired! This eliminates the need to shift the data onto your personal computer to view the footage. The microSD slot of the A118C is capable of accepting up to a 32GB card which can store up to 5 hours of back-to-back footage at the highest resolution.
Something else that makes the A118C truly appealing is the fact that it uses a capacitor rather than a lithium battery (hence the "C" designation in the model name). Many dash cams with built-in lithium batteries have a poor lifespan as batteries degenerate quicker after being exposed to high and low temperatures, or extreme temperature swings. A capacitor completely eliminates the possibility of a battery dying out which causes your dashcam to lose the ability to shut down gracefully when you turn your car off (this can corrupt the recordings on the memory card). The A118C also has the staple audio recording that does a commendable job at recording audio inside as well as outside the car. The G-sensor works equally well and can automatically “lock” that important recording whenever any sudden unforeseen event occurs.
As opposed to various cheap counterparts currently flooding the market with substandard build quality and life expectancy, the A118C delivers in terms of quality, finesse, and longevity. For a person with a tight budget who’s looking for a skilfully crafted dash cam full of features, the A118C is a perfect choice!
This dashcam includes FREE standard ground shipping within the continental United States. Expedited shipping may be selected during checkout for an additional fee. International shipping is also available on this item.
A Micro SD memory card (8, 16, or 32gb - Class 6 or higher) is required for use with the A118C. The memory card is not included but is available for purchase above.
Our favorite things about the A118C
- Brilliantly camouflaged housing
- Capacitor (instead of battery) extends lifespan of the A118C and makes it operable in harsh climates
- Compact design with an adjustable-angle camera lens
- Dedicated “file lock” emergency button to quickly protect an important recording
- LED indicator for audio recording; tell at a glance if the microphone is on or off
- The capability to record Full High Definition 1080p video at 30 frames per second
Included in the Box:
- 1 A118C Dashcam
- 1 Mini USB Vehicle Cigarette Lighter Outlet Power Cord
- 1 Adhesive Windshield Mount
- 1 Adhesive Windshield Bracket (to hide cord)
- 1 Extra Adhesive Pad
- 1 USB Cable
- 5 Cable Management Clips
- 1 String (can be used to remove adhesive mount later)
- 1 User Guide (English)
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1080p (1920x1080) HD, 30 FPS
- Maximum Still Photo Resolution: 4.0MP
- 1.5" TFT LCD Screen
- 170 degree viewing angle
- Video file format: .MOV
- Video codec: H.264
- Still Image file format: .JPG
- Motion Detection
- GPS Logging (Optional - via external GPS antenna)
- Low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- HDR (enhance video quality)
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- Plate Number Stamp (input your car's license plate #)
- Auto Power-Off
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Video segment selection (1min/2min/5min)
- Certification: FCC/CE
- Interfaces: Micro USB 2.0, GPS In, AV Out
- Memory Card Type: Micro SD (4-32GB, class 6 or higher)
- Operating temperature: from -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
- 1 year warranty